Guest code of conduct
Like you, we love to be treated fairly and with respect. Whilst the majority of our guests do this, some sadly ruin things for others. As a workplace we must meet requirements regarding safety, harassment and bullying behaviour.
Guests and Visitors must:
- Comply with all House Rules and By-Laws;
- Respect the residential amenity and security of the property and neighbours;
- Refrain from anti-social behaviour;
- Guests must control and be responsible for Visitors and ensure that Visitors comply with the House Rules;
- Comply with any instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay; and
- Notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints as soon as is practicable.
Interaction with staff and contractors
Staff and contractors must be treated with respect, this is a legal requirement and guests threatening or abusing staff will have their booking cancelled immediately.
Alcohol and Drugs
Guests suspected of being intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will not be checked in.
Noise and Residential Amenity
Guests must not create noise which is offensive to neighbours especially between 10pm-8am and during arrival and departure at any time throughout the occupancy. Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in:
- termination of permission to occupy the Property;
- loss of rental paid; and
- extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from Security Deposits or Bonds.
Guests must abide by any noise abatement conditions, standards and orders issued by police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community.
Guests are responsible for ensuring the limits set on Visitor numbers is complied with at all times; and guests are responsible for ensuring that Visitors comply with these House Rules.
- Visitors must leave by 10pm.
- Maximum number of guests including visitors in a room must not exceed 6. Please remember all visitors must leave by 10pm.
Functions and parties
Our locations are predominantly residential so, please look after our apartments like your own home. We have a strict no party policy, building security will ask guests to leave and enforce building rules if needed.
- The Property is not a “party house” and any such activities are strictly prohibited; and no gathering, celebration or entertainment is permitted at the Property.
- Maximum number of guests including visitors in a room must not exceed 6
Access and Parking
- Guests and Visitors must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours;
- Guests must park in their designated car park
Smoking is not permitted indoors at all, guests smoking inside will be charged a $250 cleaning fee
Pets are not permitted indoors except when approved by management in a pet friendly apartment.
- Breach of these House Rules is a breach of the Terms and Conditions of occupancy.
- The Owner and Manager reserve the right to terminate permission to occupy and to evict from the Property, Guests or Visitors who refuse to follow these House Rules or who cause a nuisance.
You agree by entering our properties to recording of your image, and that of your guests in public areas of the building and surrounds, and acknowledge this information may be supplied on request to Victoria Police and other state and territory agencies as required under law.
The guest who registers at check-in/arrival will be held accountable for any damage to the apartment and contents during the stay dates. The registered guest will be liable for damages caused (including those by third parties visiting the apartment) which will result in forfeiting any deposits, pre-payment, cash security deposit and also may be subject to additional charges. We reserve the right to process any charges in addition to accommodation to the presented credit card supplied at check-in/arrival. Any additional charges may be referred to collection services and action will be taken for the recovery of such.
568 Collins Street Melbourne specific:
You agree to building management and security personnel entering your apartment in an emergency such as the external wind alarm activating. This is requirement by the buildings registered engineering schematics.
CREDIT CARDS, PHOTO ID, MINIMUM AGE AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
For the security of all guests it’s important we understand who is staying and collect important information. Our team use Apps made by Canvas to collect your name, address and phone number. We are required to also verify a valid photo ID i.e. a driver’s license or passport and to collect a small security deposit. We collect all of this information securely in our secure app 'canvas', we then upload this and the original information such as photos of your credit card and photo ID are deleted automatically from the device used. This process is very similar to that used by most hotels except rather than photocopying your items we store this electronically. In general, most information is only stored for 7 days after checkout.
The primary guest, 'the booker' must be a minimum of twenty one (21) years old at time of stay. This guest must produce matching photo ID and a valid credit card in the same name. In the lead up to your stay we will also capture a $250 (1-bedroom apartment) or $500 (2-bedroom apartment) security deposit on your valid credit card, as we don’t store this information you can expect a call from one of our team. This transaction is called a ‘Authorisation’ and is simply a hold on funds, it does not get transferred to us unless we ‘Capture’ it later. Like most accommodation providers, this security covers keys, damage etc, its very unlikely it won’t be released and we will always tell you if it’s not going to be released. Unfortunately, if you cannot provide this information we won’t be able to assist with your check in.